Saturday, October 19, 2013

One Guy With A Marker Just Made The Global Warming Debate Completely Obsolete

A friend on facebook posted this entertaining video titled "One Guy With A Marker Just Made The Global Warming Debate Completely Obsolete".

 I struggle with the global warming debate, as I can't figure out how humans, who can't even predict the weather next week, can predict global warming.  I understand that the majority of scientists believe that man caused global warming is happening.  I even accept that it's probably a problem.  I just like to think I keep an open mind.

So when, I watched the video I found myself thinking:  This is just a variation of Pascal's wager.  It proves nothing.  To illustrate the point I decided a simple graphic would do.  Watch the video, which admittedly is coolly and calmly reasoned, and then stare at my graphic as you re-listen to his audio.  I hope you'll see my point that whether the argument makes sense depends entirely on the percentage chance the theory of global warming is true.






No comments:

Post a Comment